Skin care is the collection of practices which support optimal appearance, improve skin texture and alleviate various skin conditions. They may consist of proper use of emollient and nutrition, prevention of excessive sun exposure, regular cleansing and maintenance of pH. There are various skin care tips and information available on the World Wide Web, which is very helpful in determining which skin care regimen is best suited for you. However, it can sometimes be difficult to determine which product or regimen is really suitable. Here are some pointers for you to make the right choice:
- Choose skin care products that contain natural sources of retinol or vitamin A such as avocado, carrots, cantaloupe or kiwi. These fruits contain relatively higher concentration of retinol than other fruits. Also, the kiwi fruit, also known as pink grapefruit has been found to be rich in vitamin C. You might want to consider buying products with added vitamin A or retinol, such as moisturizers. If you have an extremely sensitive skin, then look for products that contain synthetic vitamin A. Be sure to read the label of ingredients to avoid skin problems caused by chemicals.
- Look for ingredients that promote cell rejuvenation and skin cell renewal such as avocado oil, Babassu palm wax, Maracuja passion fruit extract and phytessence wakame. These ingredients are usually found in moisturizers, skin care products and serums. Phytessence Wakame is a type of sea kelp, which contains high amounts of calcium, iron and silica which promotes the regeneration of collagen. It also helps to protect the young skin cells from aging.
- Do not buy skin care products without a detailed list of ingredients. Dermatology experts often include a description of each ingredient in their products. Check if you know the basic functions of ingredients before you use them. This will help you determine if you are allergic to certain substances and if your skin can get irritated by others.
- Use natural skin care products instead of using collagen and elastin-based ones. In addition to being ineffective, these substances cannot be absorbed by the skin. The skin does not produce enough hyaluronic acid for collagen and elastin to work effectively. You may need to increase your hyaluronic acid levels by taking oral medications.
- Do not buy skin care products containing triclosan. Triclosan is commonly found in antibacterial soaps and cleaners. This substance may be able to disrupt the production of sebum, which is the natural lubricant of the skin. When this happens, the skin produces more oil to compensate for the disrupted sebum production. This can result in the development of acne.
- Look for a skin care product that contains Phytessence Wakame. This is a type of sea kelp that inhibits the activity of hyaluronidase, which is responsible for breaking down hyaluronic acid. As a result, your skin becomes less prone to fine lines and wrinkles. A product with CynergyTK and Active Manuka Honey is effective in preventing skin loss and improving skin cell regeneration.
- Dermatology professionals always advise patients to refrain from using skin care products containing DMAE. This substance has been proven to have negative effects on the skin. Instead, you need to use products that contain Phytessence Wakame and Functional Keratin.
You might be wondering how you can ensure that you are using high-quality skin care products. There are many things that can contribute to the quality of the product. Always choose natural ingredients. One of the best is antioxidants. These substances fight free radicals that cause aging and skin damage.
If you don't currently have antioxidants in your routine, you should start now. You can apply a high quality antioxidant toner directly on to your face or use a toner in the morning before you go to bed. A high quality toner will also prevent your pores from becoming clogged. After cleansing, use a night cream to finish off your skin care routine.
Your diet plays a great role in your appearance and overall health. It can also affect your skin. By eating plenty of vegetables and fruits, you can reduce the amount of free radicals produced by your body and thus reduce the chances of you developing fine lines and wrinkles. When using good skin care products and eating a healthy diet, you will see that your complexion improves over time.